November 27, 2012

Illustrating experiment!

The last few weeks, I've been experimenting with making some illustrations.

I really didn't know how to begin. So I just bought a great Staedler 0.1 water resistant pigment liner.
Good buy.

So I drew the outlines and then coloured in with watercolours.

Still not good I think.

There has to be some other way to do this.

Here one of my experiments:

I don't know if some of you know the story of Medusa?

Medusa was first a beautiful girl, just like her other sisters (together they were called 'the gorgones').  But Athena got angry at her and transformed her into an ugly snake-headed women who could stone people. For the reason of her anger are several story's. One is that she slept with Zeus...

I like to use Greek mythology in artworks.

But I have to say, this wasn't really a piece of art in which I'm showing my skills! Everyone could do this:) You just need to have the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment